Monday, September 27, 2010

Whisk, a love story.

I have been terribly remiss, and I must apologize.

You know how when you have two best friends and you hang out with each of them so much and you love both of them so much that when you all show up at a party together they end up introducing each other because the fact that they haven't met yet is unfathomable to you so you don't think to do it yourself? You just assumed that because you love each of them and spend time with each of them that they would also be best friends. Well, this is a lot like that. I'm sorry that it's taken so long, because I so rudely forgot to do so, but I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Whisk.


Whisk is a piece of heaven here in Shanghai that specializes in chocolate. Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Gelato, Chocolate Churros, (and yes I'm Capitalizing their names on Purpose because they are Important and Important things get Capital Letters) and it's all one hundred percent perfection.
Chocolate Mousse
Inside the ramikin is what chili's molten cake wants to be when it grows up.
Warm Chocolate Liqueur

My SIL, Rachel, was the one who originally told me about this place. Hearing about its delictible chocolately goodness from a connoisseur such as herself was half the reason I decided to come here.






Joel with his churros and chocolate dipping sauce.

If you think I'm exaggerating, I'm not. Legit breakdown of coming here: 45% proximity and availability of cool traveling, 50% Whisk's chocolatey goodness, 5% money saving/new fun life overseas in China adventure. (Slight fib- there was a much longer, more reasonably appropriated list for making the decision to come in the first place, but this revised version is what actually got me to board the plane-and that's the truth.)

So for all of you who were thinking about coming to visit but weren't quite sure- now you too can have a fabulous reason to visit! Because I will take you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I asked Kellen if we could come visit you. Because, you know, I love you and all, but I think I might love Whisk, too, and I've never even been there.

If we win the lottery, we'll totally come see you sometime.

-Lela