Monday, May 30, 2011

Mei Mei and Xiao de Bebe

We are ridiculously excited!

In one short week...




this is coming!


 Accompanied by her lovely mother... 



We can hardly contain our glee. We thought that we wouldn't get to see them before this Christmas until they surprised us with the most amazing gift of this visit. 

This is how big she was the last time I saw her...


She is now, according to my calculations, approximately fifty times this size.

Unfortunately our brother-in-law won't be able to join them, but we're extremely grateful that he's willing to let them come while he stays in Tanzania without them. 

Honestly, how amazing is that? 

And my sister in law gets a medal for being brave enough to travel all this way with a fourteen month old without anyone to help. *Previously, Sarah has also medaled in baking....Remember these?


Yep, she made them. (*Thank you to all the bridesmaids, aunts and helpers who iced and decorated them too, Sarah was wearing a lot of hats that day as baker, bridesmaid, and oh yeah, she was pregnant too!)

We'll be waiting at security with open arms and a bag full of all manner of things that I hope will endear me to the precious baby we call Roo (and of course some chocolate milk for Sarah). 

Because, let's face it. 

She's too young for me to reason with, so I'll just have to bribe! spoil? help her to see that I'm her favorite.

No comments: